By Helder Vasconcelos
Unlock the facility of multi-core cellular units to construct responsive and reactive Android applications
About This Book
- Construct scalable and performant purposes to use multi-thread asynchronous techniques
- Explore the high-level Android asynchronous constructs to be had at the Android SDK
- Choose the main applicable asynchronous strategy to enforce your subsequent remarkable feature
Who This publication Is For
This ebook is for Android builders who are looking to how you can construct multithreaded and trustworthy Android purposes utilizing high-level and complex asynchronous recommendations and ideas. No past wisdom of concurrent and asynchronous programming is needed. This ebook can also be nice for Java specialists who're new to Android.
Whether you're a newbie at Android improvement or a pro Android programmer, this publication will consultant you thru the main uncomplicated and complex asynchronous constructs utilized in Android programming.
What you'll Learn
- Get acquainted with the android procedure version and low-level concurrent constructs added through the Android SDK
- Use AsyncTask and loader framework to load facts within the history, supplying development ends up in the meantime
- Create companies that engage along with your task with out compromising the UI rendering
- Learn the operating of Android concurrency at the local Layer
- Interact with close by units over Bluetooth and WiFi communications channels
- Create and compose projects with RxJava to execute advanced asynchronous paintings in a predictable way
- Get familiar with using the Android Loader build to convey up to date results
Asynchronous programming has bought monstrous value in Android programming, specifically once we need to make use of the variety of autonomous processing devices (cores) to be had at the latest Android units. With this consultant on your palms you’ll have the capacity to carry the facility of Asynchronous programming for your personal initiatives, and make your Android apps extra robust than ever before!
To begin with, we are going to talk about the main points of the Android approach version and the Java Low point Concurrent Framework, added by means of Android SDK. we are going to additionally advisor you thru the high-level Android-specific constructs on hand at the SDK: Handler, AsyncTask, and Loader. subsequent, we are going to speak about the production of IntentServices, sure prone and exterior prone, that may run within the historical past even if the person isn't really interacting with it. additionally, you will observe AlarmManager and JobScheduler APIs, that are used to time table and defer paintings with no sacrificing the battery existence. In a extra complicated part, you'll create historical past projects which are capable of execute CPU-intensive projects in a local code-making use of the Android NDK. you'll be then guided during the means of interacting with distant providers asynchronously utilizing the HTTP protocol or Google GCM Platform. utilizing the EventBus library, we are going to additionally exhibit find out how to use the Publish-Subscribe software program trend to simplify communique among the several Android program elements by way of decoupling the development manufacturer from occasion consumer.
Finally, we'll introduce RxJava, a favored asynchronous Java framework used to compose paintings in a concise and reactive means. Asynchronous Android might help you to construct well-behaved purposes with delicate responsive consumer interfaces that pride the clients with quickly effects and information that’s regularly fresh.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow consultant is filled with code examples of real-world use instances. every one asynchronous subject is defined sequentially, from the main uncomplicated and low-level to the extra complex, utilizing concise and powerful language. a few lifecycle flows and ideas function illustrations that can assist you comprehend the advanced interactions among Android entities.
Read Online or Download Asynchronous Android Programming PDF
Best software development books
Ajax machte das internet zu einer Plattform für Anwendungssoftware und verfügt über ein eindrucksvolles Potenzial. Dieses Buch bietet einen gründlichen und verständlichen Einstieg in die Technologie. Hier profitieren alle Profis, die bereits Web-Anwendungen entwickeln und sich noch nicht mit Ajax befasst haben, aber auch traditionelle Software-Entwickler, die den Sprung ins net machen möchten.
Over the past decade, software program product line engineering (SPLE) has emerged as some of the most promising software program improvement paradigms for expanding productiveness in IT-related industries. Detailing a number of the facets of SPLE implementation in several domain names, utilized software program Product Line Engineering records top practices with reference to approach improvement.
The Python quickly Syntax Reference is the "go to" e-book that includes a simple to learn and useguide to Python programming and improvement. This condensed code and syntaxreference offers the Python language in a well-organized layout designed tobe used many times. you will not locate jargon, bloated samples, case experiences, or heritage of hi Worldand computing device concept during this convenient reference.
Guidelines in C offers a source for pros and complex scholars desiring in-depth yet hands-on insurance of pointer fundamentals and complicated positive aspects. The target is to assist programmers in wielding the complete strength of tips. despite its immense utilization, knowing and correct utilization of guidelines is still an important challenge.
- Certified Function Point Specialist Examination Guide
- Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum (Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Cohn))
- Android App Development in Android Studio: Java + Android Edition for Beginners
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams
- Patterns kompakt: Entwurfsmuster für effektive Software-Entwicklung (IT kompakt) (German Edition)
Additional resources for Asynchronous Android Programming
Asynchronous Android Programming by Helder Vasconcelos