By Peter J. Bailey,Sam B. Girgus
Edited by way of well known Allen specialists, A spouse to Woody Allen offers a set of 26 unique essays at the director’s motion pictures. Contributions supply a few divergent serious views whereas increasing the contexts within which his paintings is understood.
- A well timed spouse through the authors of 2 of an important books on Allen to date
- Illuminates the flicks of Woody Allen from a few divergent serious perspectives
- Explores the contexts within which his paintings can be understood
- Assesses Allen’s amazing filmmaking profession from its early beginnings and investigates the conflicts and contradictions that suffuse it
- Discusses Allen’s popularity as an international cinematic figure
Read or Download A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
Frequently thought of the bottom intensity to which the cinema can plummet, the rape-revenge movie has been pushed aside as exploitative and sensational, catering to a demented demographic. simply on such infrequent events as Ingmar Bergman’s The Virgin Spring, John Boorman’s Deliverance and Quentin Tarantino’s dying facts has the rape-revenge motion picture transcended what's more often than not assumed to be its intrinsically exploitative nature and moved into the mainstream.
The Routledge Encyclopedia of flicks includes two hundred essays by way of top movie students analysing an important, influential, cutting edge and engaging movies of all time. prepared alphabetically, each one access explores why every one movie is important should you research movie and explores the social, ancient and political contexts within which the movie used to be produced.
A movie through movie advisor during the occupation of Woody Allen, from his masterpieces Annie corridor and ny, to misplaced gem stones like Shadows and Fog. The booklet additionally is going into Woody's cameos and performances in different people's videos, equivalent to Antz and Fading Gigolo. There also are new interviews with those who have labored with him through the years, together with Jerry Lacy (Play It back Sam), and Gloria Norris, who used to be Woody's own assistant on Stardust stories, Zelig and A Midsummer Night's intercourse Comedy.
This e-book undertakes a focused examine of the impression of degraded and low-quality imagery in modern cinema and real-world portrayals of violence. via a sequence of case reviews, the booklet explores examples of corrupted electronic imagery that variety from mainstream cinema portrayals of drone battle and infantry killing, via to real-world recordings of terrorist assaults and executions, in addition to perpetrator-created homicide video clips live-streamed on the net.
- Sixties Shockers: A Critical Filmography of Horror Cinema, 1960–1969
- British Women's Cinema (British Popular Cinema)
- Shaken & Stirred: The Feminism of James Bond
- The Hollywood Pitching Bible: A Practical Guide to Pitching Movies and Television
- Film Restoration: The Culture and Science of Audiovisual Heritage
- Family as Allegory in Italian and Spanish Cinema
Extra resources for A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Peter J. Bailey,Sam B. Girgus