By Mette Hjort,Ursula Lindqvist
- Offers a accomplished, transnational and local account of Nordic cinema from its origins to the current day
- Features unique contributions from greater than dozen overseas movie students dependent within the Nordic nations, the U.S., Canada, Scotland, and Hong Kong
- Covers a variety of themes at the targeted evolution of Nordic cinema together with the silent Golden Age, Nordic movie coverage types and their impression, audiences and cinephilia, Nordic movie education, and indigenous Sámi cinema.
- Considers Nordic cinema’s engagement with worldwide audiences via insurance of such themes as Dogme ninety five, the avant-garde filmmaking flow started via Danish administrators Lars von Trier and Thomas Vinterberg, and the worldwide advertising and distribution of Nordic horror and Nordic noir
- Offers clean investigations of the paintings of worldwide auteurs resembling Carl Th. Dreyer, Ingmar Bergman, Lars von Trier, Aki Kaurismäki, and Roy Andersson.
- Includes essays on Danish and Swedish tv dramas, Finland’s eco-documentary movie construction, the rising culture of Icelandic cinema, the altering dynamics of Scandinavian porn, and plenty of more
Read or Download A Companion to Nordic Cinema (CNCZ - Wiley Blackwell Companions to National Cinemas) PDF
Best film & video art books
Frequently thought of the bottom intensity to which the cinema can plummet, the rape-revenge movie has been brushed aside as exploitative and sensational, catering to a demented demographic. purely on such infrequent events as Ingmar Bergman’s The Virgin Spring, John Boorman’s Deliverance and Quentin Tarantino’s dying facts has the rape-revenge motion picture transcended what's usually assumed to be its intrinsically exploitative nature and moved into the mainstream.
The Routledge Encyclopedia of flicks includes 2 hundred essays via top movie students analysing an important, influential, leading edge and fascinating movies of all time. prepared alphabetically, every one access explores why every one movie is important when you examine movie and explores the social, old and political contexts during which the movie was once produced.
A movie by means of movie advisor throughout the occupation of Woody Allen, from his masterpieces Annie corridor and long island, to misplaced gemstones like Shadows and Fog. The booklet additionally is going into Woody's cameos and performances in different people's videos, corresponding to Antz and Fading Gigolo. There also are new interviews with those that have labored with him through the years, together with Jerry Lacy (Play It back Sam), and Gloria Norris, who was once Woody's own assistant on Stardust thoughts, Zelig and A Midsummer Night's intercourse Comedy.
This publication undertakes a targeted examine of the influence of degraded and low-quality imagery in modern cinema and real-world portrayals of violence. via a sequence of case experiences, the publication explores examples of corrupted electronic imagery that variety from mainstream cinema portrayals of drone war and infantry killing, via to real-world recordings of terrorist assaults and executions, in addition to perpetrator-created homicide video clips live-streamed on the net.
- Genre Filmmaking: A Visual Guide to Shots and Style for Genre Films
- A Search for Belonging: The Mexican Cinema of Luis Buñuel
- Christian Petzold (Contemporary Film Directors)
- Vietnam at 24 Frames a Second: A Critical and Thematic Analysis of 360 Films About the Vietnam War
- Hollywood Goes to War: Films and American Society, 1939-1952 (Routledge Library Editions: Cinema)
Extra resources for A Companion to Nordic Cinema (CNCZ - Wiley Blackwell Companions to National Cinemas)
A Companion to Nordic Cinema (CNCZ - Wiley Blackwell Companions to National Cinemas) by Mette Hjort,Ursula Lindqvist