Go back to the Job List
Alaska needs Internal medicine physicianPosted by: Ray Thomas
Posted date: 2012-Jun-11
Alaska is calling, come enjoy the beauty!
Your passion is in what you do, the care you provide, and the dedication with which you serve. It is the same commitment with which our people live their lives, and in turn, share their culture.
You'll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You'll grow your skills and expertise in a clinically challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
The Staff Physician shall be committed to contributing to the Mission of the Corporation, "...to achieve the greatest possible improvement in the health status of the people of this region of Alaska". The Staff Physician is an employee working under the supervision of the Medical Director who is, in turn, supervised by the Clinical Services Administrator.
- Must have completed an accredited medical school.
- Must have completed a residency training program and be board eligible or board certified (unless specific exception is made) by the appropriate board of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have Alaska State License and DEA License.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- Ability to supervise medical students, residents, physician extenders and community Health Aide clinical practice.
Salary of at least 160k-180k
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center.
Director of Recruitment
PS - Please look at our latest jobs on the website!